Friday 6 July 2012

Art Therapy

Last night a dear friend stayed over which meant that Liliane could not sleep in her usual spot on the pull-out bed in the living room.  I warned her ahead of time about how she would be sleeping back in her own bed just for one night.  And how she would have to be quiet to not wake up her sister. 

Well.

Little did I know that ALICE would be the one waking up every couple of hours.  It was like she knew that I wouldn't let her cry and wake up her light-sleeping sister (not to mention our guest) and she went TO TOWN.  Why hang out here in my crib when I can cuddle with Maman in bed?   

*yawn*

All this to say that last night's nightmare experience reminded me of some of Liliane's drawings that I scanned back when we first had them sleeping in the same room.  Around February or March I think.


SHARING A ROOM: Day 1
Hello Princess.  Aside from that unfortunate self-tanning lotion incident, you are lovely.  I really like your dress.


SHARING A ROOM: Day 2
 Awww, cute!  That looks like a little girl and Humpty Dumpty her baby sister!  Adorable.  Although the boulder (meteor? bullet?) about to obliterate them is a little disturbing.

SHARING A ROOM: Day 3
L: Maman, Alice fait des CRISES dans la nuit. 
(Alice has meltdowns in the night)
Me: Well, I think she owes you one or two.


As it turns out, the whole one kid sleeping in the living room thing works for us at the moment.  Now excuse me while I go make another espresso.


Happy Friday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...