Wednesday 13 February 2008

Liliane, TV star

We woke up to a very snowy day here in Montréal, we're expecting about 15 cm altogether. My job today will be to talk to our slacker neighbour on the 2nd floor with whom we share the winding, treacherous front stairs, and who is supposed to also SHARE the job of shovelling the snow off of them. Stéphane's been doing all the clearing and salting so far this winter, so I get to be the bad cop and call down with a friendly reminder. It's OK, I'm so used to it. I am often the bad cop and not in the yelly, bossy, mean way that you might think (particularly those of you who know me well!). No, I find that the best way to get someone to do something unpleasant is to be firm and clear, but also to load it up with lots of honey. Like a smack in the face with a velvet glove, if you know what I mean. I have perfected this technique in my professional life where it comes in very handy (in both official languages) and I suspect that it will serve me well as a parent!

Liliane and I have a "5 à 7" to attend tonight so that's our expedition of the day. "5 à 7" is the French (specifically in Quebec I think) term for a cocktail party, so called because it starts at the end of the work day (at 5) and while in theory it's over at 7, the 5 à 7 often extends to the rest of the evening. It's a really lovely Montréal tradition that I took part in much more frequently before Liliane came along of course, but this one is in honour of one of the producers that I work(ed) with who is leaving the company for a very swish job in Paris. Although it's super snowy, it's not windy at all so I'll strap Liliane on me in the carrier and we'll head downtown via metro. If I'm feeling very organized, I'll bring my camera so I can post some pictures tomorrow. Usually when I visit the office someone takes Liliane off my hands and I don't see her for an hour or two anyway so it's a wee break for me!

Last night was Liliane's last appearance on "Providence". I took these pictures of her watching herself. It's hard to see, but this is a close-up of her in the bassinette:



Then switching over to check the hockey score with Papa... (Canadiens lost.)


Then back to the show...


Stéphane's Dad scanned this ad for the show that was in the newspaper "24" yesterday. That is a grumpy Liliane in the arms of her TV mother. Merci Pa! This photo was taken at the end of her shoot day, so she was a little cranky as I recall. Such a diva, what can I say :)



That's about it for today! Oh, all joking aside, we survived our trip to get groceries yesterday. No falling, not even a slip. Since Liliane can hold her head up so well now, I put her in the carrier facing outwards and she almost combusted with joy being able to see everything from a new angle. I'm not used to not being able to see her face when we're walking around but I guess that's what growing up is all about, right?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...