Thursday 14 February 2008

Happy Heart Day!

Well, it's a beautiful sunny day here today in Montréal. We ended up getting almost 20 cm of snow yesterday so now people are digging out their cars and bounding over snowbanks. Luckily we didn't have any trouble getting to our 5 à 7 last night, however I didn't bring my camera in the end. Just too much stuff to carry. I took these pictures of Liliane when we got home just because I love this outfit on her:



That girl loves a good party and she had a great time. I passed her around to anyone who would take her and at one point she fell asleep on me in the middle of all the action. We got a nice picture with André (party honoree and departing producer/friend) so if he sends it to me, I'll post it. I had a great time catching up with a bunch of my colleagues and introducing Liliane to lots of people who have seen her photos but not in person. Showing off your kid has got to be in the top ten advantages of motherhood - am I right Moms?? I am so lucky to work with such an amazing group of supportive people - I always come home feeling recharged and re-energized from spending time with them.

This morning our littlest Valentine woke up a little on the cranky side, so after she had her bottle, I set her up on the bed beside me while we watched Rachael Ray and I read the paper. It seems that ignoring her works the best when she's in that kind of mood. Somewhat like her mother that way... Anyway, she fell asleep after about half an hour:



I so love it when that happens! I know I've mentioned this a few other times, but there is just something so satisfying about seeing your baby just nod off like that! I think it's because we spent pretty much all of the first two and a half months of her life rocking, walking, swaying, begging and praying for her to sleep that it's such a trip.

Today is all about getting ready for Valentine's Day. We are having a romantic dinner for two (plus one drooly baby) here at home after which we will watch our pal Brigitte try to win money on a quiz show called "Tous pour un" (Bonne chance B!), then cuddle up to watch Lost. Here is picture of Brigitte and I at her surprise 30th birthday party a few weeks ago:
Posted by Picasa
I have some sort of special dinner plans that I will not reveal today since Stéphane is a regular blog reader (Bonne St-Valentin mon amour!) but I'll post photos tomorrow (if it all turns out!)
Squeeze someone that you love today!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...