Tuesday 4 March 2008

Crazy Hair, Wild Friday, etc.

I can't believe it's been almost a week since I last posted! Life has been pretty relaxed although Liliane's sleep patterns are changing a little and I'm trying to keep up. It's crazy how quickly you get back to counting on getting a good sleep after being deprived for the first few months! Anyway, it's nothing drastic, but she seems to be going down for the night earlier and waking up earlier. A lot earlier. No more Tonight Show for me!

Anyway, last Thursday we had our friend Véronique over for dinner so she could meet the baby. We had a great time and it was fun to hear about life in the "outside" world. (I feel a little cloistered here at times if you haven't noticed :) She wrote a collection of short stories that is being published in the spring so we are super excited for her. Her first of many literary successes, I am sure. I read one of her stories already and I was completely captivated - I can't wait to read the rest of them! Our plan is to also perhaps option one to adapt to a short film so I'll keep you posted on that.





On Friday Liliane and I went for a walk up to the Jean-Talon market to get some produce and to stop into the kitchen store. I was looking for a garlic grater à la Rachael Ray and found these cutie Christmas mugs! They were a super deal (99 cents each!) and the store owner was so excited to be finally getting rid of them that he threw in two for free so I now have 8 Christmas mugs:



Friday night at our house was pretty wild and crazy! Here is a picture of my two sweeties livin' it up:





I got to watch my DVD of "Hairspray" while these two dozed off. I can't believe it took me so long to finally see that movie and wow, did I ever LOVE it! Good music, great message, Christopher Walken, plus John Travolta in pantyhose - what more can you ask for?



On Saturday we were hanging out in the living room and Stéphane took these photos of Liliane and her halo:





On Sunday we went to Stéphane's parents to spend time with my sister-in-law (and Liliane's godmother) Nathalie, her hubby Christian and our nephew Jonathan who were in town from Gatineau for the day. Danielle and André were there too so we had a good time catching up all around.








I took these yesterday morning of my grumpy little jellybean. After a big day of socializing on Sunday, she wasn't too keen on getting back into the routine the next morning. This was her general reaction to morning rice cereal:

I was trying to get her to smile but she was just into chewing on her finger:



She was a little perkier after her nap:


We slept in pretty late today (after getting up originally at 5:30 this morning - I told you the new schedule was early!) so I think it will be a lazy afternoon around here. Stéphane and I are going to a film premiere tonight (La Ligne brisée - a movie about boxing featuring cutie pie actors with washboard abs and sweaty pecs!) and my old Galafilm colleague Sophie will be staying with Liliane. It's our first in-house babysitting experience! I'm looking forward to getting out for a few hours. Full report on our evening in the next post!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for finally posting something new! It makes the afternoon go a bit smoother if I get a chance to see new pics of Liliane and her crazy hair.

Deb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...