Friday 14 March 2008

Afternoon Tea

A change in the routine today - my pal Isabelle came over to pay us a visit this afternoon! Liliane was thrilled to have a new face around (poor kid hasn't been outside for a week now) and got so comfy on Isabelle (and Isabelle's 5-month baby bump) that she had her afternoon nap in her lap.

I took a couple of pictures of the snack platter I put together (I seriously need to get outside): mint-chocolate brownies (and they are as tasty as they look) and some super healthy dried fruit, almond and bran bars to balance off the brownies. I threw in a few fresh strawberries to ward off scurvy.



Here is Liliane all slacked out on Isabelle...



This look says, "Are you seriously taking ANOTHER picture?" (You'd think she'd be used to it by now).


Isabelle not only brought news of the outside world, but also some lemon cupcakes! An ideal visitor quite frankly (take note Montréal friends:). Thanks for coming over!

Tomorrow we are having more visitors so tonight I'll take my walk to the grocery store to get a few things for brunch. I see that one side of my street is set to be plowed overnight, but who knows about the sidewalks. If one side is being cleared tonight, our side should be done tomorrow night but we'll see. I read today about some neighborhoods that have snow piled up so high on their streets and sidewalks that stop signs are buried and the mail has stopped being delivered. It hasn't come to that around here so I'll stop whining.

Happy Friday everyone!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Mmmmm.....chocolate :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...