Tuesday 15 November 2011

Chim Chim Cher-ee




Liliane asked if she could watch Mary Poppins for the first time yesterday.  

What!? Hey, don't get sarcastic.


It was a big moment for me! As a baby (according to my parents) I listened to the music from that film over and over, and I, in turn, made Liliane listen to it over and over when she was a baby. Before she could talk and ask me to please, please listen to something ELSE.  


















Once the film got started I did a lot of explaining about who was mean (the nanny leaving at the beginning) and who was not (the Constable, Admiral Boom and Bert). 




But as soon as we got to the dancing penguins, she was hooked. Another convert.


In other news, I took my new favourite picture of Alice last night.

*already scheming to not like musicals*





We'll see about that.

In other, other news, it's officially halfway through November! Since I still have FIFTEEN more posts to figure out, please feel free to show your appreciation by leaving a comment! 

Anyone?

*tap tap* Is this thing on?


3 comments:

Vanessa Z. said...

YES! Love this!! Mary Poppins is fantastic... I hope that she gets addicted :o) Love that picture of Alice... she reminds me of her Daddy in that pic. Keep the posts coming, I love them!

Ally said...

I love your blog!! Part of my daily reading :) Keep it up! As for ideas...hmmmmm

Mark Landmann said...

If only you covered politics... it seems like there is a new party popping up every day in Quebec. ;) How is the Eugenides book, anyway? I was excited to hear he had a new book, but all the reviews I've read about it have turned me off a bit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...