Wednesday 12 December 2012

And A Partridge in a Pear Tree

Bonjour!

I took a little break there to deal with sick/teething/cranky children and get the house decorated, etc.  Still don't have the stupid outside lights up (why oh why didn't I do it when it was 10 degrees out last month?  Now it's minus 10.  Naturally.)

It came to me as I was rocking Alice to sleep AGAIN in the middle of the night AGAIN that a) she must be getting her molars because I remember this crazy neverending cycle of not sleeping with Liliane and b) I could get back to blogging and do a 12 Days of Christmas series! 

Yeah, I know, it's been done before but Christmas is all about cliché giving and I would like to give you, dear readers, the gift of  goofy photos.  Who needs myrrh when you can have this?


So the first of the 12 posts goes a little something like this: 

HOW I SPENT MY WEDNESDAY MORNING: GINGERBREAD MAN STYLE 
(Whoop whoop whoop! Anybody else have kids crazy about the Gangnam style? Please say yes.)

Stéphane has been away since yesterday morning so I was on my own last night.  I can neither confirm nor deny that there were stern words and howling and lots and lots of Advil flowing from about 1-2 AM but then I heard nary a squeak from the shared bedroom until 8:45

EIGHT FORTY-FIVE. (Hallelujah)

Since I am lucky enough to be a lady of leisure someone who works from home, I let the girls sleep (because I was up at 8 of course).  I already knew I was going to keep Alice with me because she had an appointment to see her pediatrician and she's been so unhappy, I figured she could use a pajama day.  

So, gingerbread.  Liliane's entire daycare went to see a show yesterday morning about the gingerbread man.  From what I can glean, it was the story of the gingerbread man who was tricked by the fox in the water and gets gobbled up at the end.  But the highlight was that all the kids got to eat their own gingerbread man and there was a recipe for gingerbread cookies in the program! Can we make them, can we make them can we make them?  Now? Now? Right now? 

Because I am sometimes awesome, I had all the ingredients in the cupboard and Liliane and I made the dough last night.   Since we were already so late this morning, we decided to stay home and bake the gingerbread.  Because WHY NOT? 

Here is how that went down:







And then the pain d'épice went on the renard's nose like DIS! 

And the renard ATE HIM!







I went the soft, chewy route which was apparently NOT what they ate at the show yesterday.   

Oh well, I thought they were delicious.  

It was a pretty excellent morning all in all.  Like Saturday, but on Wednesday! Also, spontaneous happy childhood memory: CHECK.

Bonus: Alice is fine.  Congested and teething but no other infection.  

12 days to go, friends!  Are you on track with your preparations? 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...