Monday 17 December 2012

Père Noël

I don't know about you, but around here we are TIIIIREEED.  I opened my eyes at 8:45 this morning and had to wake the girls up.  It wasn't easy.  But we're in the home stretch!  Christmas Eve in a week! 

So, as most people know, parents or not, tired kids = cranky, sassy kids.  And this is when believing in Santa comes in handy.  I know we should teach our children to do what we ask because they WANT TO but let's be realistic. I do that all the rest of the year. A cranky, over-stimulated, gift-obsessed  5 year old doesn't respond to much but let me tell you, the threat of no presents gets her butt out of bed. 

I'm such a Grinch.  But it works!

While we've been able to use that trick for a couple of years now, this is the first time we actually sent a letter to Santa.  I wrote what Liliane dictated. Stéphane ensured that we didn't just skip right to the list.  He contributed the small talk at the beginning.  It was a family affair.


 It only took a couple of weeks to get an answer.  And oh, the excitement.  


 Such a nice touch, a little handwritten note with her name and everything.  Even Alice got her own letter since Stéphane Liliane made a point of mentioning her.

Speaking of Alice... 


She's a different story.  Too young for Santa but since she doesn't talk, it's not such a big deal.

As long as she has her babies,

and the TV, she's all good.
I can haz bonhommes?

Don't worry, we end up talking more about the baby Jesus around here than we do Santa.  Reason for the season and everything.  And thank goodness there IS a reason for this season, otherwise this sleepy Maman would be having some motivation issues.  

But overall I'm overflowing with gratitude.  I was already feeling thankful before Friday morning, but when an unthinkable tragedy strikes, it's a powerful reminder of how rich our lives are.   How great my own life is, lowdown Santa threats and all. 

Now, back to item #675: baking the shortbread.   

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...