Friday 10 October 2008

New Coat

I tried to be a responsable, environmentally conscious citizen and get my daughter a second-hand coat. A friend of mine will be passing on her daughter's snowsuit for the winter, but she really needed something for right now. Since she's only going to be able to wear it for a few months, no point in getting something new and expensive, right?






I failed. I can't buy someone else's old stuff for my child. I have no problem with hand-me-downs from people I know, but anonymous used clothing doesn't work.






I found this little jewel at an adorable shop on St-Denis street called Faon. The owner was inspired by all the amazing children's clothing that is available in France. I also got her barrette there as well.


So it's kind of nice to have something that is a little special. Besides, the coat is perfect: 3/4 length, detachable hood, a cozy lining I can zip in for when it gets colder (ie- next week), cute buttons, (take my word for it).




Oh, and did you see how YUMMY my child is in this jacket?


Consumerism - 1 Global Warming - 0


But it's worth it.


Enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend everyone! I know I have lots to be thankful for. Now if I could only find a turkey in this not-so-interested-in-Thanksgiving province, we'll be good for Monday...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How adorable! She looks so great in red!! The coat really is a great find - so cozy and cute!

And good luck turkey hunting - they're sneaky this time of year...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...