Tuesday 17 September 2013

Lady Who Lunches

Sorry I didn't post last week, readers.  I was busy.  Busy MAKING LUNCH.

Why does it have to be so stressful?  Maybe because it's not an option to NOT make your kid's lunch?    And they can't have anything delicious that's not good for you.  What, no Twinkies? Come ON.

But thanks to my brother and SIL and their portable food container savvy, Liliane is bringing her photogenic and organized mid-day meal in an awesome Laptop Lunch box.  Doesn't it look delicious?  It's really great for portion sizes and all the boxes and colours make everything look tastier. 

NOTE: she did NOT appreciate my putting cucumber in her wrap.  Cucumber is to be eaten BY ITSELF.  Also  a big N.O. on the snap peas.  Red, yellow or orange pepper s.v.p.  Carrots and cauliflower passed muster.  


I actually put fresh corn kernels in her lunch once (with a fork) but FAIL.  Corn on the cob STAYS on the cob.  Unless we eat it at home.
The lunch rules are complicated, people.  Parents of preschoolers, be warned. 


Otherwise, it's business as usual around here.  Alice is combining her love for horses with her skill in the salon:

And the girls got their bangs cut.  WOO HOO.



 I'm heading out of town tomorrow to go hang out with my Mom in Washington, D.C. for a couple of days.  If you happen to be in the neighbourhood, please feel free to stop in and offer my husband some  moral support as he'll be solo parenting for three whole nights.  Caffeinated beverages and adult conversation will be gratefully accepted.  He's my hero! 

I'll give my regards to the ruby slippers for you.  À bientôt!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...