Tuesday 16 October 2012

FIVE

Dear Liliane,

Today you are five years old.  And guess what?  You still like cupcakes.

Except this year you did your own sprinkles, thank you very much.

We had a party with all the other Pandas plus a few more friends.  You are a popular kid, a social butterfly if ever there was one.  I was so proud that you made each one of your pals feel special when they arrived.


Your pink princess that was a little, um, traumatizing to create.  You wanted so badly for it to look like the teacher's example.  All the other kids had a good time, though!  And once Papa wisely suggested you take a break and have a snack, life was so much better.  









When you are older with your own kid(s), you'll understand why this is such a huge occasion for us.

And why your parents had to drink for the rest of the evening once your party was done.  Oooof.

I love you so much, my sweetheart.  Every challenge we encounter is balanced by your tender heart, brilliant sense of humour and lots of hugs and kisses.  You are so good with your little sister who wants to be just like you already.  Already!

I'm thankful everyday that I get to be your Maman and I pray every. single. day. for wisdom.  It's a big responsibility to raise girls to be the kind of women this world needs.  Strong, smart, kind, spiritual, curious, confident, courageous.

But you, little firecracker, are well on your way.  And I couldn't be prouder.

With all my heart,
Maman

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...