Friday 19 November 2010

Christmas Decoration at the Mall FAAAIIILLLLLL

Let me preface this by saying that these photos are not from, like, Florida or anything. This is a big-time, downtown Montréal mall. Montréal, Québec. Where it's COLD at Christmas. You see where I'm going with this? You see why I'm confused?

Umbrellas? Really? This decor is supposed to make us think of the most cursed weather of all time, ICE RAIN? It's hard to see in the photo, but the Santa parasols (??) are hung in the midst of sparkly, icicle-y (??) lights.

I would seriously not wish ice rain on my worst enemy. If my hormones jumped out of my body in the form of evil, vicious, carb-crazy goblins I wouldn't even wish ice rain on THEM. That's how sucky it is.

And to compliment the theme, behold the jaunty evergreen swirl complete with partially closed Santa umbrella/parasol and more icicles. At least there are a few snowflakes in there to make it a little festive. Like okay, thanks to global warming Christmas will probably be WET, but just for the sake of tradition, we'll throw you a flake or two. Thanks a lot.

The photos don't accurately capture the sheer FAIL of this decor.

End of crap decoration rant. The rest of the city is gorgeous, I assure you. Although so snow yet. Which is A-OK by me.

Have a great weekend everybody!

1 comment:

Auntie B said...

Oh that is hideous. Hilarious, but hideous. Not that mall decor is really known for its amazing design aesthetic but I think they can do better. Peeps here haven't started yet but after TG I bet Brooklyn will give you a run for your money. Cheesy Christmas Deco-off it is!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...