Tuesday 11 December 2007

Snowstorm, Baking, Party, etc.

Wow, I can't believe more than a week has gone by already! Miss Liliane is 8 weeks old today. I got a check-up at the doctor's office yesterday and I'm in good shape. Liliane was a little fussy while I was on the exam table, but otherwise she charmed everyone. I think it's pretty cool to be able to visit the OB/GYN and actually bring them the product of all those months of appointments!

I took some pictures last week of the big snowstorm so here they are... This is our back balcony.


Stéphane shovelled it all away about two minutes after I took these. Sadly, the city of Montréal left our street full of plowed snow until YESTERDAY. Just in time for the next one: it's snowing like crazy right now.

As I mentioned, we didn't end up going to the movie premiere last Monday, but we did see a movie on Saturday. We left Liliane with Stéphane's parents and she was great. We were away for three whole hours and it's like she didn't even notice we were gone! I guess as long as she has her bottle and her grandparents, she is A-OK! I have to say, it was a pretty crazy feeling, leaving her like that for the first time. We weren't worried about my in-laws, we just felt weird actually going somewhere without towing along our little jellybean. Anyway, it was a great first experience and we are so thankful to Grandmaman and Grandpapa for their help :)

Last week I started Christmas baking with some shortbread:
Liliane cooperated by napping regularly so I could get them done as well as nanaimo bars, butter crunch and almond squares. Luckily, I've been able to give packages of treats away as gifts, otherwise I'd be eating it all... I've got a couple more things I'd like to make so we'll hope for more regular napping this week!

We got a new gadget for Liliane last week... My sister recommended it as good entertainment for the baby as well as a place that I could put her down, guilt-free! It's a blanket with arches of dangly things hanging over it. I'm sure there is an actual word for it, but since I seem to have permanent Mommy brain, I'll just show you the pictures of Lili enjoying herself:
She is starting to smile and coo more and more these days. Actually, today I was singing to her and playing with her on the change table (her #1 spot for good times) and she gave me a real smile - she registered who I was and responded to me smiling at her by giving me a big ol' grin. Wow, what a feeling!
Even though our hockey team is sucking right now (Go Habs Go!), Stéphane and Liliane still enjoying watching the game. She's super relaxed here all slacked out on her Dad...

On Saturday we went to Julie and Joyce's annual Christmas party and passed Liliane over to as many people as wanted to see her! She was a star and didn't mind being nuzzled and squeezed by so many of our friends.
Well, that's about it for our week. This week has been good so far with Lili and I finishing Christmas shopping with her first trip downtown yesterday. She pretty much slept in the carrier all the way. Tomorrow I'll go out to my work Christmas party so she'll be spending some quality time with Daddy. This weekend we are celebrating Stéphane's birthday and I'll be singing in the Christmas program at church. Our big goal is to get our B.C. gifts all wrapped and sent off by mail before Friday! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That little bunny of yours has gotten to be quite the social butterfly! So many adoring people, so little time...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...