Thursday 20 December 2007

Happy Birthday Hubby, Vaccines, etc.

Yesterday was Stéphane's 32nd birthday (or, as he likes to call it, 8 years until he's 40) and we celebrated it a few days early with a Sunday brunch. Sunday turned out to be a pretty wild day because it snowed almost 40cm in Montréal and Stéphane braved the almost white-out conditions to get us to church in the morning, then to brunch afterwards. Our friends came as well which we thought was pretty great given that it was a perfect day for staying cozy in bed... Here we are at our new favorite breakfast place that happens to be right in the neighborhood! It's called Coco Gallo and the food is excellent. Note Liliane's cutie outfit and tights with the shoes built right in - a gift from Grandma. She of course was a big hit!

I had to miss the Christmas Carol evening at the church that night because it just didn't feel safe to drive around anymore. I was disappointed to let the choir down by not being there, but I hear that the evening went well even with some people missing. That's how it goes when there's a baby to think about I guess! I'll sing next year. I promise.

On Saturday we dropped Liliane off at her grandparents once again and snuck away to see The Golden Compass. I really enjoyed it although Stéphane wasn't super impressed. We spent the evening with my in-laws and got to see André and Danielle back from their two-week vacation in the south as well as Stéphane's other sister Johanne who was meeting Liliane for the first time. It's so much fun to see the family as in love with our baby as we are!

I finished my baking this week and today I'll start packing up for B.C. We're leaving on Saturday and I can't wait to get home! We're both a little nervous about the whole flying with a baby thing, but people seem to be pretty forgiving when the babies are so small.

I took this picture yesterday. She had been sleeping in her vibrating chair when I heard her wake up. Usually she sqawks for me to come and get her, but I didn't hear anything. When I poked my head around the corner to check, she was cracking up all by herself looking at the dangly thingys on her chair. It's been so much fun watching her start to notice things now that she can see farther! It answers the age old question: does a baby make any sound if she is smiling and laughing and her mother doesn't notice?


Monday morning we had Liliane's two-month check up with the pediatrician. She now weighs 12 pounds is measures just over 23.5 inches. She's in the top 80th percentile for her height and weight! I have no idea what that really means but it seems to be good. She was supposed to also have her vaccines then as well but due to the storm aftermath, the nurse didn't make it in so we had to go back yesterday. I have to say, it was pretty sucky watching my baby get needles poked into her chubby little thighs, but she got over it pretty quickly. She hasn't had any other reaction to the shots so far so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Last night Liliane stayed with our friend Colleen for a few hours while we went out for dinner to celebrate Stéphane's birthday. It was pretty chaotic yesterday - the city is still buried in snow from the storm and more blowing snow was falling yesterday afternoon. We were stuck in major traffic trying to get to Colleen's, plus we felt bad about leaving our freshly vaccinated kiddo with our friend, not knowing exactly how she would behave post-shots. We finally made it and even got a parking spot not too far from her front door which I took to be a good sign. Colleen shooed us out the door with promises to call as soon as anything seemed amiss. The baby did fine, nothing to worry about. Thank you Colleen, Emilie and Mikayla for taking good care of her! This is a picture of Colleen and Mikayla when they came to visit Liliane just after she was born:

That's about all I have to report for the moment. I probably won't post now until after we get to Vancouver. I'll have some time on my hands once we get there because I suspect I won't be seeing my daughter very often! Except of course when she gets hungry :) I can't wait!
Merry Christmas everybody!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...