Thursday 2 August 2007

A Bunch of New Stuff! Let's Start with NYC

Wow, long time no blog! I just got back from a quick trip to see my family in both New York and Vancouver so I am finally updating this blog with some photos. It's WAY too hot in Montréal today for me to sit here and do it all at once so I'll just start with my day in NYC with Matthew and Bari last Tuesday. I arrived around 7:30 in the evening and my sister-in-law Bari came to pick me up. She drove us directly to an amazing Brooklyn burger joint to meet up with Matthew and, most importantly, eat. I got to see their gorgeous new apartment (and sleep on the world's most comfy air mattress) and we stayed up a little late just catching up.

The next day Matthew headed off to work and Bari andI went to get some of the yummiest iced coffee ever right down the street from their place. We headed into the city to meet Matthew for lunch and I took these pictures on the set of his show, 106 and Park, which is on the BET Network and located in the CBS building.






It was pretty cool to walk around in the building and see the set for Guiding Light and the studio fo 60 Minutes!




After lunch Bari and I went to see the Kwik-E-Mart on 42nd Street:





Did I mention that it was hot in New York that day? Well, it was, and my pregnant self was only too happy to go and see a movie (Bari's suggestion) instead of shopping, so we saw Ratatouille. It was cute. Not amazing, but cute. Then we headed back into Brooklyn, got manicures, I packed up my stuff and we all headed for JFK (and my 11PM flight to Vancouver) by way of an Italian restaurant in Williamsburg. Thanks you guys for giving me such a great 24-hour visit!

Too hot to keep this up today. I'll get back to it tomorrow night...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmmmm...donuts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...