Sunday 10 June 2007

Quick Trip to Toronto

I was in T.O. this week partly for work but mostly to finally see my Dad's feature film "Almost Heaven." The distributor did a test screening and my Dad came to Toronto also so it was a no-brainer for me to book a trip! The movie was AMAZING. You can screen the trailer by clicking here: http://www.norstarfilms.com/film_almostheaven.html

No news yet of when it will be released but I'll be sure to update y'all as soon as I hear.

The people in the audience laughed a lot (which is good beacuse it's a romantic comedy) and I completely enjoyed it. It's a pretty trippy experience seeing your Dad's film on a big screen like that. When you share the same DNA as the person who wrote the movie, it means that you pretty much laugh at all the jokes and choke up at all the right places because it was like it was custom-made for me. I took these pictures of my Dad at the theatre - the Silver City at Yonge and Eglinton:





We stayed at the Delta Chelsea hotel and this was the view from my 26th floor balcony:




We had breakfast in the hotel and we got someone to take this picture of us. Note my super"double-chin" pose... We Piercys have a habit of making that special face in photos sometimes.... Matthew knows what I'm talking about :)


If I also seem a little sweaty in that picture, it's beacuse it was about 30 degrees and very humid all day Friday in Toronto. I didn't fly out until around 9PM on Friday so once my meetings were done and Dad was on a plane back to B.C. I had time to do a little shopping... Who knew that the Gap has a materntiy section! So does H&M! I knew Old Navy had a maternity section and since I was there, I stopped in and picked up a bathing suit for $20. I also found a new store called Motherhood that has lots of great stuff and I got some really good deals.

Went to see Pirates of the Caribbean today and I'm sad to say that I didn't enjoy it as much as I did the first two. Or the first one I should say. Just not as well written and not as many good moments, savvy?

Now it's past 10Pm which means lights out for me... Our new air conditioner is working well so I'm getting lots of good sleep.

Promise to take a picture of my baby belly this week. Today I am offically 22 weeks along - more than halfway!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always thought you were immune to "the chin"

Jennifer said...

You and dad look so cute! FYI I found the stuff from motherhood never wore or washed well. It always fit me weird and got all junked up when I washed it the first time. Hope you have better luck with your new stuff!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Theresa, your father's film looks really good! I want to see it! I figure if I do, I'll need to bring a whole box of Kleenex with me, but it looks like a film about things that really matter in life. Do you know if it will be released in the lower 48? Or maybe I'll be in Montreal by the time it's released. :)

I came here to look at our wedding stuff, as Eric emailed me today about it, and saw this, so I had to read first. :)

In closing, who cares about the double chin! You two look like you have a wonderful relationship, and like you're having the time of your lives. How lovely.

--Tina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...