Wednesday 15 February 2012

Funny Valentines

Cute baby outfit: check 


Sugar cookies with icing and sprinkles: check.

Preschoolers hopped up on sugar: check.

Goofy decorations: check.


Check.


Aaaand check.

Fancy colour-changing candle: check.
(We seriously stared at this thing changing colours for like 20 minutes en famille. Excellent entertainment, and only $10!)

Homemade cards from daycare (awwwww): check.

Poopy diapers: check (what!?)

I made this for dinner but threw in some pancetta, used bowtie pasta and swapped out the chives for cilantro and it was delish. With salad of course. 

In other news, I took the ladies to see the ophthalmologist and their peepers are all good.  TRIVIA: 
I was actually born with a cataract in my right eye and had to have surgery on it in 2006 so EXCUUUUSE ME if I'm a little paranoid about my kids.  (Because can I tell you something? Having surgery on your EYE pretty much blows. Like, I would happily give birth without drugs ten times over than do that again. Three words: STITCHES IN PUPIL. Amirite?

Anyway,  I didn't pass it on so we're in the clear. (ha ha, get it? CLEAR? Like, my vision is CLEAR? I can see CLEARLY now? Forget it.)

It took about 3 days for Liliane's pupils to go back to normal. Not sure why she looks so traumatized. Probably because her parents kept asking her to "look at me, look at me, hey, what's wrong with her eyes?" 

Oh, how is the sleep going?  Notice how I didn't lead with that? 

We've had a few, um, setbacks. Alice likes to wake up at 2:30 or so for a little snack and while I've let her protest for about 45 minutes or so, Liliane tends to wake up then we have TWO whiny babies to put back to sleep. Sigh. I've pretty much given in and just fed her already at that point (usually around 3:30) and she goes right back to sleep until about 7:30. Whatever.  The other night she didn't wake up at all so I'm taking that as a good sign for things to come. 

What  IS working is having both kids in their beds asleep and us actually having time in the evening to HAVE A LIFE. Which right now means watching Walking Dead and/or Downton Abbey before falling asleep but still. It's heavenly.

Did you all get spoiled and/or spoil yourselves on Valentine's Day? I hope so! 

Speaking of chocolate: I signed up for the spring session of cardio-poussette. Get ready for embarrassing fitness related anecdotes!



1 comment:

Carolee said...

Double sweet!! And love your heart garland!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...