Sunday 2 May 2010

65

I have a passel of photos in my camera that just will not download so I'm taking that as a sign to keep this post short and sweet. Why does short go with sweet? Why not LONG and sweet? That's even better! See? I've already rambled off. Clever segue in 3..2..1...

So, speaking of long (and sweet)... I am dedicating my last few Sunday night brain cells to writing about these two:


Ruth and Rolf. R & R. Grandma and Grandpa. Mör and Fär. Great Grandma and Great Grandpa. My grandparents celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary last week. SIXTY-FIVE. Years. Of marriage. Pause for a moment and imagine it. (If you shudder involuntarily, don't be too hard on yourself. Or your spouse.)

Sixty five years and they still LIKE EACH OTHER.

Swinging is their secret! (Ha ha, not LIKE THAT.)


They have four children, seven grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren (mainly thanks to my sister the Baby Guru.) I make sure to tell them that I love them every time I phone.

They have set the bar very, very high in every way. I love you guys.

Snookums xo


PS - they had an open house celebration on Saturday that went very well from what I hear - can't wait to see those photos!

PPS - TOTAL CHANGE OF SUBJECT: I badly want these for my birthday this year. Badly:



PPPS - work insanity calming down, I think I am breathing again. Hello world, what have y'all been up to while I was in Dolly land? May or may not have a cold sore on my lip. Ugh.

OK, last note - potty training still good. I think we're clear. Well, let's not tempt fate, shall we? I'll say clear-ish. It's working out.

1 comment:

Maguiresaunt said...

Those cupcakes look fantastic!! And so do your grandparents! :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...