Saturday 20 February 2010

Snow Job

Despite what you might think, Montréal is not a winter wonderland every single day from Halloween to Easter. No sir, we get long drought periods where we don't even notice the snow crust coating anymore. Sidewalks get slushy and the streets are muddy. It ain't pretty.

But then we'll get another round of snow and winter gets fun again. We had one of those this morning so we took advantage of the fresh stuff to make a snowman! Finally.


In our oh-so-urban back alley. Tons of snow, no cars. Perfect.

Learning the fine art of bonhomme de neige sculpture.


My Mom gave us this snowman kit at Christmas. Comes with all you see here except the snow and arms. Totally adorable.


Considering a new career in snow person design.



Work is heating up for me these days as we creep ever closer to our first shoot day in April. If you follow me on Twitter/Facebook you already heard all about my brush with celebrity last week via Nia Vardalos of My Big Fat Greek Wedding fame. It was nice to have some actual contact and know that she at least read the script before turning it down! I bought the DVD of her movie I Hate Valentine's Day but since I'm a vengeful crankpot, I TOOK IT BACK today. For a full refund. Sorry Nia. But you would have been perfect in that role! (*sob*)

Moving on: we have been GLUED to the TV watching the Olympics all week. I'm so proud of my hometown for being such a great host city! Am hoping that the zipline will still be up over Robson Square next time we're out.

I think about blogging often but alas, falling asleep while watching ice dancing is clearly higher on my priority list at the moment. (On a related note, ice DANCING? What's the POINT if there's no jumps?)

Also it's pre-Oscar season and I traditionally aim to see at least at the films in the Best Picture category. Thank you so much Academy for opening it up to 10 nominees now instead of just 5! I still have to see Blind Side, Precious and A Serious Man. I also really want to see Crazy Heart but only if I have some leftover time (ha ha).

That's us for now! Birthday party for our pal Luanna (I can't believe she's 4) tomorrow. The theme: Princess. I have seen our future. And it's pink.

3 comments:

Vanessa Z. said...

I am so jealous of your snow!! I feel so robbed of winter... considering it was 16 degrees here yesterday. I would like just a couple of days to use Logan's snow gear!
Love that you returned the DVD... I would too!!

Maguiresaunt said...

That snowman kit is so cute!

Nia, Nia, Nia...(insert head-shake). :o(

Carolee said...

So cute!! That turned out pretty well! So sorry to hear about Nia - her loss. Loving the Olympics, too - just about to watch the Canada / USA hockey game. Should be interesting, n'est ce pas?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...