Thursday, 21 May 2009

Spontaneous! Trip! To Ottawa!

Who said having a baby means you can't be impulsive and adventurous?
Okay, perhaps a 2-hour drive to our nation's capital does not qualify as "adventurous" to most people, but throw a 19-month old into the equation and anything can happen!

Who, me?

There is a very fine line between "fun day full of new things" and "fun day ending badly screaming all the way home." But we'll get to that later...

Our plan was to spend time with my SIL Nathalie, her husband Christian and their son Jonathan so we invited ourselves to their house. Hi! Hope you don't mind us coming to visit! We need to flee our cramped, crap-filled, bad-vibey apartment!

I didn't get any photos of the delicious BBQ lunch or Liliane jumping on their trampoline or Jonathan's aaahhh-inspiring flips. Or our trip to their neighbourhood park. But it was all lovely!

I remembered the camera for our stroll around around Parliament Hill.

It was the last day of the tulip festival and as you can see, the tulips were DONE for the season thanks very much.

Babezilla here had a grand time yanking the crispy little petals off.

This year:

Last year!
Can you tell that we went at the BEGINNING of the festival last year?

Is this the way to Harper's office?

Liliane's new party trick is to walk around holding someone's hand. She usually does it for Stéphane, but her Uncle Christian had the pleasure this time:

And you know what I'm gonna ask Harper when I get there?

Why do you HATE THE ARTS?

One, two, three...

WHEE! It's a classic.

I can't get enough of babies in sunglasses.

It's an addiction.

We strolled on over to where the stray cats have a special shelter. Liliane likes to meow whenever she sees one, so we thought it might be fun.

Oh, hello kitty. My, what sharp teeth and beady little eyes you have! Oops.

Cute stray cat sighting: FAIL.

We hightailed it back to the house for a quick dinner of BBQ burgers then packed up and hit the road just before Liliane's bedtime. I brought her PJs and a blanket along so that she could fall asleep on the way home. It was all going according to plan until we stopped for gas. She was asleep for like a half an hour when we stopped. She did NOT fall asleep again until I placed her into her bed at 10:30, protesting all the way. The next day was a little squirrelly (we forgot to warn the daycare) and she was so overtired the next night that she yowled for AN HOUR when she went to bed at her usual 8PM bedtime. Ah, good times.
Last night she went to bed at 7:45 and we didn't hear a peep until 7:15 this morning. Oh, the joy of a full night's sleep! We did the same tonight - I think it's a question of getting the bedtime routine started BEFORE she gets too tired and 15 minutes is enough to make a difference.
Anyway, that's my parenting revelation of the day.

Otherwise, starting to pack stuff and get our finances organized. We're signing the papers in two weeks!
Tomorrow I have a completely luxurious afternoon planned: a pedicure appointment (yay! finally!) and I'm going to see Star Trek and have a little dinner with some pals. Stéphane is taking over so I can sneak away. Merci mon amour!

1 comment:

Carolee said...

Ooo, that takes me back! Don'tcha love how a good plan can go bad when you least expect it? Nice pic's, as always. Glad you're back in the good sleep routine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...